Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Roasted Vegetables Recipe

Crispy from a 450 degree oven

Thanksgiving Roasted Vegetables Recipe:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Prepare the following vegetables:
Sweet Potatoes
Onions
Green Peppers
Sweet Red Peppers
Parsnips
Potatoes

Scrub potatoes and quarter. Peel onion and quarter. Pare parsnips and cut into slices. Seed the peppers and cut into chunks.

Place all vegetables into a large Ziploc bag and pour in 1/8 c. olive oil. Shake bag to completely coat the vegetables. Pour out onto a heavy jelly roll pan. Sprinkle on a little sea salt, cayenne, and black pepper.

Place in a preheated 450 degree oven.
Bake for 45 minutes+ until veggies are tender and crisp. Turn halfway through to crisp up the other side.

Note:  Parsnips should go into the oven first, for about 5-10 minutes because they take a little longer to get tender.


Vegetables, ready for the oven

Roasted Thanksgiving Vegetables
Admired by a few wee visitors


Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone! 




Photobucket
...and more! Check out all my soaps at


Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy- this is my favorite way to prepare veggies! I "discovered" this way in my Barefoot Contessa cookbook. But I usually use fingerling potatoes-this time I'll try your idea of the sweet potatoes. Such a great way to get loads of veggies done at once-and I love how the flavors mingle as they cook! Thanks for the reminder of this!!

Denise said...

Looks delicious.

Ruth Kelly said...

You're making me hungry. Good photos.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

One word...MMMMMMMMMM!!! Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you have a great one.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Heide at ApronHistory said...

We love doing veggies this way! Usually throw in a few regular potatoes too. I think Becky passed this receipe on to us, from you?

Unknown said...

Oh, yum! I love roasted veggies and yours look amazing!!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving also, Judy!!

Robin said...

These look yummy!!! Have a great Thanksgiving.

Yenta Mary said...

I love roasting vegetables - it's so easy, but they're so delicious! I particularly like the little toasty caramelized bits ... :) Have a lovely holiday!

Candace said...

Roasted veggies are my favorite way to have them. That looks delicious. I see those beautiful little parsnip darlings in there Love them so much! Happy Thanksgiving, Judy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails