Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Herefordshire, England

It's now February 16. A year ago today, the thermo- meter outside my schoolroom window read -32 degrees F. We've much to be thankful for. Today it's a balmy 20 degrees, and springtime can't be far away.

Always, at this time of year, I think of our visit to friends in Herefordshire, England, friends who were gracious enough to invite us to stay with them in their home. What fun that was! I'm posting a few photos of the beautiful countryside in The Golden Valley where they live.

To an outsider like me, the Hereford- shire country- side is the most enchanting place with its hedgerows lined with daffodils, the ever-present sheep, and its narrow, winding roads.

True, it would probably take me a long time to get used to driving on those roads, and I'd always want to be stopping to view the scenery. I don't think that would work out too well, for you never know when another car - or a huge piece of farm equipment will come zipping around the curve - and then one of you has to figure out where to go to get out of the way of the other. Being tourists, we thought that deferring to the natives might be a good idea. :-)

I just placed an order for a few natural soap colorants and can't wait to use them! In the kitchen, I have my spinach-infused olive oil ready to use for today's soap. I'll post more soap pics later. Today, I hope you'll enjoy The Golden Valley. It will take your mind off the snowbanks and slippery winter roads.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Judy your pictures are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Deborah said...

I too love these photos. I wish I was there visiting the locals about now. Even though it is warm today, I am so wishing for spring. It was the daffodils that did it. :D I will be coming back to this post to look again. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails