Monday, March 29, 2010

Visiting the Grandkids


On Saturday, we drove to the Cities to spend the day with our son and his family. Fortunately, they live only 2 1/2 hours away. It is always wonderful to see them! Unfortunately, we all get busy and time passes quickly, so we don't see them as often as I'd like. My new goal is once-a-month visits. (What? You tell me they moved and didn't leave a forwarding address??) ;-) Okay, maybe that's unrealistic. But I'd sure like to try.

Above is Brogan and his new John Deere clock. Every hour it 'chimes' the sound of a different John Deere tractor engine. I thought it would be a good choice for a boy who loves John Deere everything!

Pictured below is our oldest author-granddaughter Anna and one of her novels! You can actually hold it in your hands and read the 50,000 words within! She is a very talented young writer!

Here I have a lovely shot of Eeyore Boone with his rifle. You didn't know that Eeyore carried a rifle, did you! Look at that smile. Hey, wait a minute! That's way too happy to be Eeyore. I wonder who it is!

Granddaughter Elisabeth with her beautiful, sparkling eyes just under that visor. Too bad I didn't get a lower shot. You'll just have to take my word for it. She had to leave after a bit for ballet practice. We will be attending her recital the first weekend in May. I can't wait for that!

And here is the lovely mama who is due to deliver Brother #3 in a couple weeks. Three young boys in the house will ensure great quantities of noise, fun, and adventure! (It's always the 'adventure' part that's a little scary.)

I'm bugging Stacey for that artichoke dip recipe. It was delicious. And Kevin grilled the steaks perfectly! But I think Soren has his eyes on those cookies.

I wonder how often that sweet smile will get him out of trouble... :-) How can it not just melt your heart!!

Daddy and Grandpa discussing politics, work, radio-controlled airplanes, and 'precious metals,' as Kevin calls them: silver, gold, and lead. :-)

Jasmine, patiently waiting for someone to drop a little bite of steak.

It was a lovely day, but it would have been nice to have the upper 60s temps that we're expecting this week. Next time we go, it will be most likely be for the hospital visit of Stacey and the new Baby Brother! :-)

3 comments:

Deborah said...

It is so nice to see all of your family from the cities. Kevie looks so much like his dad. Your grand kids are beautiful as is their mama. Your oldest grand-daughter certainty is a talented writer. (takes after grandma?) Thank you for sharing these photos today. I enjoyed seeing them. :)

Angela said...

I love all the pictures! It'll be a while before I get to see them all in real life.

Cranberry Morning said...

I think Anna has far surpassed her grandma in her writing efforts!

Glad you liked the photos. So do I. You don't know how hard it is to catch Brogan with the camera! :-)

And when you do see them, Ang, there will be another little face among them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails