Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lion of Judah



I encourage even the skeptics to listen to this music video. The least you can come away with is having looked at some illuminated manuscripts and having heard some great Celtic-style music that will make you want to dance!

But you may hear the words and want to know more about this Lion of Judah who takes away sin and guilt and puts joy and peace in their place. In that case, read through the book of John in the Bible. This is God in the flesh, Jesus, having come to Earth to pay the penalty for our sin and suffer the wrath of God poured out on Him in our place. When we put our trust in Him, we get His righteousness poured out on us so that no matter what our past looks like, we can stand guiltless before God and live every day with hope.

So how do we 'put our trust in Him' when we don't understand everything about everything? Putting is an act of volition - the will. What some people call faith is simply emotion. They have the utmost 'faith' when everything is going great in their lives. But when the chips are down, their 'faith' disappears. Why is that? Maybe they've been confusing faith with feelings and have been relying upon a feeling. When we come upon the rough times in our lives, feelings are not reliable and happiness is elusive. It's not easy to feign happiness during the tough times - like the death of a loved one, or divorce, or sickness, or betrayal, or financial ruin, etc.

But real faith is the act of Putting (it's an action verb) our trust in Christ - even in the darkest moments when we cannot  see even a speck of light at the end of the tunnel.

So keep putting. Jesus, the Lion of Judah, always meets us there. He's the only One worthy of our trust.

Have a blessed Lord's Day!



Photobucket

17 comments:

Marti said...

Truly inspiring. Have a blessed Sunday.

Tiffanee said...

Very well said! Thanks for providing me with some truly great inspiration today!! So beautiful and just what I needed today!!

Lois Christensen said...

This was a beautiful post and a beautiful song! I can't wait to hear the angels cry, Hail the lamb! Thank you!

Chatty Crone said...

I trust in Him because He Lives! sandie

Denise said...

Awesome my friend.

Under Her Wings said...

All I can say is, "Hallelujah," and "Praise the Lord!" Thank you, Judy, for the inspiring words and song. Thank you for being true to the Scriptures, and for encouraging others to do the same. And thank God for the Lion of Judah, the Bright and Morning Star, the All-Powerful, All-Seeing, and All-Knowing God who is willing to stoop down to mankind, suffer his sufferings, and die his death for him. Hallelujah and Praise the Lord!

laurie said...

Thanks for posting!

Yenta Mary said...

Such beautiful images! I gave very serious consideration to a graduate program in art history, specifically to study Medieval/Renaissance art and manuscript illuminations. Thank you so much for such gorgeous inspiration!

Rachel said...

This was wonderful!! Thanks for sharing!!

:)

Carla from The River said...

Wonderful post!
Amen!

Ruth Kelly said...

I saw the Book of Kells while in Dublin and some of the very old scriptures. They were dedicated artists plus scriptorians, those who hand wrote each verse and drew such beautiful pictures and letters.

Delightful post.

Anonymous said...

Very good :)
Have a great day my friend!
I'm sorry I'm a bit late.
We all need some inspiration every now and then - Thank you!
big hugs
Eva

Empty Nester said...

You know, I've always been odd. I'm the one who turns directly to Him in the bad times and trusts Him to bring me through. It's during the good times that I take Him for granted. Go figure. LOL

Covnitkepr1 said...

Great song. Good blog with good spiritual content.
I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.

Joyce said...

I love that song!

Deborah said...

Awesome post my friend. This song is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing it! :)

Deborah said...

Awesome post my friend. This song is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails