Thursday, July 18, 2013

Draft Horses and Amish Log Cabins

Draft horses, reflected in door glass



And here they are, unreflected



There is a huge stack of huge logs...


...that they turn into things like this - a house...

...and this, a 14 x 28 cabin.

When my brother and sister-in-law were here from Denver for a couple days, we drove down to Schrock's and looked through some of  the many cabins and houses they build. Log houses aren't my favorite thing, but I became a quick believer after seeing these. Unfortunately, they don't throw a draft horse into the deal. Aren't they beautiful animals.

If you're looking for a log cabin, here's where to write for a brochure!
They've had buyers in ND, IA, MI, WI, and other states.

Cute bird houses, huh.

 Don't forget: Every cabin needs one of these -
and a Sears Roebuck catalog, of course



***


'Coconut & Lime'
Natural, Handcrafted Vegan Soap

...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at



This post may be linked to one or more of the following: Mop it Up Monday  and Get in My Tummy and  Cure for the Common Monday and  Clever Chicks Blog Hop and  Barn Charm and  The Marketplace  and  Mix it up Monday and Make it Pretty Monday and    Making the World Cuter Mondays and Make the Scene Monday and  Something I Whipped Up Monday and  Motivate Me Monday and  Making Monday Marvelous and Get Your Craft On and Efforts and Assets and   You're Gonna Love it Tuesday and Creative Showcase and Memories by the Mile and Crafty Texas Girls and  Tweak it Tuesday and  Coastal Charm Tuesday and  Take a Look Tuesday and  Tasty Tuesday  and Love Bakes Good Cakes and Mom on TimeOut  and Adorned from Above and Wildcrafting Wednesday and   Cast Party Wednesday and  We Did it Wednesday  and All Things With Purpose and Home & Garden Thursday and It's a Party at Creative Princess and Artsy Corner Thursday  and The Girl Creative, Thursday and  Creative Things Thursday and Be Inspired and Time Travel Thursday and Thrifty Things Friday  and  Friday Fences and  Thursday's Inspiration and  The Self-sufficient Home Acre and  I'm Lovin' it Thursday and Creative Things Thursday and   Mandatory Mooch   and Foodie Friends Friday and Freedom Fridays and From the Farm and   Anything Blue Friday and Junkin' Joe and  Serenity Saturday and Get Schooled Saturday  and Inspiration Friday(ThursNite) and Vintage Inspiration Friday and Photo Friday and Weekend Reflection and  Share Your Creativity and   A Favorite Thing Saturday and Sunny Simple Sunday and Sunlit Sunday and  Market Yourself Monday and  Saturday Nite Special

32 comments:

Trace4J said...

I love log cabins.
But I hear they need lots of TLC.
Sears and roebuck is good too.
Woolie Hugs

Susie said...

I thought I'd love a log cabin for a fun vacation place...till I saw the bathroom. LOL. The horses are grand. xoxo,Susie

Unknown said...

I think I could live in a log cabin as a cottage house most definitely!
And those horses are magnificent
Check out their muscles!!!!!!!
XOXOXO

MT Blog said...

Those are lovely! I would love to have one of those some day! Thank you for sharing...

MadSnapper said...

i have seen many outhouses in my life but never a log one, they are so cute... and i love the style of the 14 x 28 cabin. just right for retirement. our dream house is a log cabin so you know i love these

Suzan said...

Am assuming that these are the model homes and they will build them on site? I love log home blueprints, but they don't do well in my area due to the wood bees and moisture and termites!! My nest house will be built out of concrete!

Suzan said...

BTW- The horses are beautiful!!

Diane said...

Very neat! I also LOVE draft horses! Where would civilization be w/o them?

Unknown said...

I've always loved log cabins.. and now they make them so posh!!

Ruth Kelly said...

They have the most beautiful outhouses I've ever seen but as we know, they don't stay that way.

TexWisGirl said...

oh, so cool!!!

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

I really loved this post, those cabins are beautiful!!

Unknown said...

I think draft horses are so beautiful! They are one of my favorite animals!! I'm always a sucker for the Budweiser commercials with the Clydesdyle's!!

Unknown said...

I forgot to mention, that soap looks good enough to eat!

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

the horses are majestic !

Unknown said...

I have always wanted a log cabin on top of a mountain in the Smokeys here in Tennessee.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love the log cabin outhouse! So cute. I love the draft horses, too. They are beautiful animals. I have a photo of one to show next week when I do barn charm with another barn from my trip to the Amish community near us.

Terri D said...

Those are some mighty special outhouses!! Wonder if they are one-hole, or two? My Granny & Papaw had a three-holer!

Seriously, the cabins are beautiful, but not as beautiful as those gorgeous animals!

My Eclectic Loft said...

Enjoyed your post with the horses and log homes. Nice soap too. I am a new follower from Friday Follow Hometalk Linky Party.

Lady Linda said...

Love the pix and the horses are wonderful.
My little friend Ava calls the outhouses Moon Boxes.
Love you soap!
Linda Lou

Eileen H said...

The log cabins are delightful, and I see they make doll's houses too, I've always wanted one:-)
The horses are wonderful, though I'm sure they work very hard.

Denise said...

such an awesome post.

My name is Riet said...

I would love a log cabin for weekends and vacations. And I love the horses

Judy S. said...

Fun photos, Judy. Is that place nearby? (you, not me LOL)

'Tsuki said...

I find Amish people very courageous : it takes rally some kind of bravery to refuse modern world and to live by someone own standards. The reflection is awesome, and the carriage is magnificent : I like that horses are still use to work in harmony with humans.

Susan Freeman said...

Those little outhouses are so cute and I have always loved draft horses!

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Those are cute.

I don't know about an outhouse.

Claudia said...

Such neat houses - log cabins aren't my thing either, but I can sure admire their beauty. And the beauty of those gorgeous horses.

Thanks so much for joining in this week.

xo
Claudia

SImple and Serene Living said...

Hmmmm???? a log outhouse???? a first for me :)
Hugs,
Laura

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Log cabins have such charm! I would love to live in one.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It would be fun to have a doll house! I've lived in a log cabin before and it's not my favorite but it's fun to decorate! Hugs!

Donna said...

Those draft horses are gorgeous creatures, I agree! The outhouses gave me a chuckle!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails