Saturday, November 22, 2014

Wisconsin Barns and The Neighborhood



 Our barn. 

Check out the far right corner of the photo. That's what's zoomed in on above. Our poor barn needs a new roof. But, the house roof had to come first, and that was accomplished this fall. Maybe we could've done something to repair the barn if the big snow hadn't come so early in the season.


 Barn Roof, zoomed in

 The photo above is from this little block barn, which is probably actually a pump house.


And because of the great Wisconsin gun deer hunt, 
which opens today...

 Wouldn't you love to have lunch here.
But when you think about it, I guess it's no worse than
The King's Arms
or
The Queen's Head 
Which both sound pretty gruesome to me.


Vintage Coke Machine

Buck Snort Bar and Grill and the Coke machine are found in Colfax, WI


***

Check out all my handcrafted, vegan soaps!
Buy any 5 or more, Get 1 FREE


'Cranberry Tea'

Christmas Soaps

...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at


Although I usually forget to do it, there is a chance that this post will be linked to one or more of these great linky parties:  Amaze Me Monday and Inspiration Monday and Mosaic Monday and The Barn Collective and    Treasure Box Tuesday and Vintage Bliss Tuesday and KatheWithAnE and Rubbish Tuesday and Our World Tuesday and Tuesdays at our Home and Tuesday with a Twist and  Knick of Time Tuesday (vintage)  and   Tweak it Tuesday and Vintage Inspiration Wednesday and Ivy and Elephants Wednesday and Adorned From Above  and Artsy Corner Thursday and  All Things With Purpose and Home & Garden Thursday and Good Fences on Thursdays and  Time Travel Thursday and Freedom Fridays and Vintage Inspiration Friday and Saturday's Critters

30 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, love the name of that place, great collection of old tins too. Blessings Francine.

Arlene G said...

Loving all your photos this morning. Hope it is a bit warmer up your way. We are enjoying temps in teh 60s after our polar slam earlier in the week.

MadSnapper said...

I love the goat on the coke machine. your poor barn, i have a crazy 78 year old hubby that will be glad to climb up there and nail that down for you.... LOL

Anonymous said...

I am giggling at Sandra's comment that her crazy husband will repair your barn roof! I love the vintage Coke machine and all the tins. Wishing you a nice Saturday!

Sandi said...

Buck Snort! Now that is a superhero's name if I've ever heard one!

Cranberry Morning said...

Tell Bob thanks, but it's a way bigger project than that one corner. LOL

Gert said...

Buck Snort..way too funny! However, love the vintage items inside! And the food is probably good! (Or not! Lol) spSounds like you're busy with your soap! Be safe and stay off that barn!! Hee..hee!

Blessings,
Gert

Lynne said...

I think many of us had "fixit" plans that went on the "back burner" when the Snow Onslaught of 2014 arrived quite unexpectedly!
Great photos Judy . . .

TexWisGirl said...

hope the barn roof can hang on through one more winter. :) love that metal goat!

Susie said...

Love your pictures !! I could eat there...but I don't want any deer meat. LOL. How you have a beautiful weekend, xoxo, Susie

Linda Kay said...

Judy, looks like the tin on the barn has seen it's better days. Enjoyed your photos and hope you have a special weekend.

Debbie said...

no snow for the jersey shore, YET, but I have my fingers crossed. I love those vintage coke machines!!!!

Nancy said...

Recognizing the baking powder tins and the Coke machine from my childhood must mean that I'm vintage, too! Sigh. . .

Ginny Hartzler said...

I asked Phil why people did not repair all the broken down barns here. And he said they were not near important as their houses. In your second picture, I love it that the long lines in both the field and the barn roof are the same pattern. And what is IN the barn, any animals?

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. The Buck Snort name for sure makes me NOT want to eat there! But it sure is a wild picture. I never would have believed it if I had not seen it.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Agree with the names of some of these restaurants-I have another one for you-the Sow's Ear. Yummy...
Have a safe and happy weekend,
Jemma

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Oh, I hope you can get the roof fixed soon- it is a lovely barn! Not sure I would venture in to the Buck Snort..:)

Theresa said...

I have been watching the news about the snow! Hope you get your sweet barn roof fixed soon:) Have a blessed Thanksgiving week ahead, HUGS!

Nancy Shuman said...

Love the photos, especially the zoom-ins. Happy Thanksgiving - maybe you could relax this year and have a turkey sammich at the Buck Snort...

Patty Antle said...

Love your photos. The snow looks so pretty.

Terri D said...

Great photos, as always. I love the tavern name! LOL Always interesting. Hope the barn roof can at least get a temporary fix until the snow is gone!

Susan said...

Hello Judy. Oh, sorry your barn needs a roof. That's a big expense, I would imagine. At least you replaced the house roof, right? Thanks so much for visits to my blog! Love them. Susan

Buttercup said...

You got me at the vintage Coke machine. I'm a coke fan and love to see it in the green glass bottles.

SImple and Serene Living said...

What a hilarious name. I hope you are having some thawing there. xo Laura

Eileen H said...

Not sure about the name :)

On the way to our daughter's home we pass a 16th century pub called The Headless Woman. I've looked it up and the legend of the headless woman is a servant girl was executed by Roundheads for refusing to divulge the whereabouts of her Royalist master!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

The snow makes the shots pretty. Love the bull shot and the barn with its 'needing to be replaired'roof.

Miss Val's Creations said...

I'm glad you guys replaced the house roof first. That was definitely more important! The vintage coke machine is really neat.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

My shed's roof is also in a bad shape and it rains inside, which sometimes ruins the boxes I store there to send my shop's items. It doesn't have your barn's charm though!

Ida said...

Well I hope your barn roof makes it through the winter for you.
Bars can have very interesting names. If you've ever seen the movie(An American Werewolf in London) the bar there was called the Slaughtered Lamb. Now that sounds appetizing huh?
Love the Vintage Coke machine.

Debra Howard said...

Loving your snowy pics...oh how I long for a white Christmas...maybe...we do get them sometimes in Texas. Yes, I think lunch at the Bucksnort sounds divine and the vintage sights would definitely delight.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails